Can we be successful in more than one field? What about the multiple me’s we have developed in different areas?
Today we are in Finland, my guest is Ilkka Mäkitalo – musician, teacher, CEO, Co-Founder of Howspace and Conductor of Jyvaskyla Big Band.
We chat about instruments, jazz and how to inspire young talents to compose for a big band. And we talk about organisational memory, organisational learning, organisational dynamics and how to change the world with a digital platform for facilitating dialogue in different contexts, supported by AI.
And we are talking about different meanings for AI when engaging people like artificial intelligence, applied improvisation and appreciative inquiry.
Ilkka shares his vision on leadership in a digital and remote world and how to grow an organisation above 17 people and raise venture capital of about 12 Mio with strong cultural guiding principles.
Listen to ‘cross-pollination in leadership’
- Connect with Ilkka:
- Howspace website
- Jyvaskyla Big Band on Facebook
The Power of Music Thinking is brought to you by CREATIVE COMPANION
More Episodes of The Power of Music Thinking
- About the Power of Music Thinking Podcast
- A mindset for entrepreneurship, leadership and design with Michael Hendrix from IDEO and Panos Panay from Berklee College of Music
- Music as a Catalyst for Change with Nifemi Aluko, Founder and CEO of kpakpakpa and author of the book Press Play
- Blockchain Philosophy and Collaborative Transformation for Change with Roy Scheerder from Faebric
- Blend sound science with sound art to make sound decisions with Steven Keller
- Innovation patterns and improvisation in organisations with Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Stark, teacher and researcher specialised in organisational and community psychology
- Deep Listening® with Sharon Stewart, creator of sound works, musician, poet, researcher, piano teacher and deep listener.
- Music and the Brain with Artur Jaschke, neuromusicologist and professor for music-based therapies and interventions