How can you tell a story through food and music? What is Multi-Sensory Storytelling? Are all chefs drummers? Should prominent leaders start a band together?
In this episode, Creative Companion meets the Creative Chef. We have a lively conversation with Jasper Udink ten Cate, artist, designer, futurist, keynote speaker, book author and drummer. He worked worldwide on exhibitions like London Design Week, Dubai Design, Metropolitan Museum New York and the World Expo in Milano and for companies like Nike, BASF and Google.
Jasper shares his approach to multi-sensory storytelling with food, music and design. And we talk about different tastes and diets and how to give goosebumps from natural vegan food to inspire people to create their own identity. He shares the story of the unripe peach and how reframing can be the start of new product innovation.
We chat about how you can listen to yourself to create your own beautiful story, shape your personality and make decisions in consuming music, books, food and life.
Quote: “All big leaders should start a band together“
Listen to ‘Multi-Sensory Storytelling’
- Connect with Jasper: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jasper-udink-ten-cate-19b85bb/
- Creative Chef website: https://creativechef.nl/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/creativechefnl/
- ‘How to become a Creative Chef’ Book: https://www.bispublishers.com/creative-chef.html
The Power of Music Thinking is brought to you by CREATIVE COMPANION
Learn more about the framework, the inspirational cards and the blog or follow the Music Thinking LinkedIn page.
See the latest episode of The Power of Music Thinking
More Episodes of The Power of Music Thinking
- A mindset for entrepreneurship, leadership and design with Michael Hendrix from IDEO and Panos Panay from Berklee College of Music
- Blend sound science with sound art to make sound decisions with audio alchemist Steven Keller
- Innovation patterns and improvisation in organisations with Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Stark, teacher and researcher specialised in organisational and community psychology
- Music and the Brain with Artur Jaschke, neuromusicologist and professor for music-based therapies and interventions
- Cross-pollination in leadership with Ilkka Mäkitalo, musician, teacher, CEO, Co-Founder of Howspace and Conductor of Jyvaskyla Big Band