We talk with Nifemi Aluko – Founder and CEO of kpakpakpa and author of the book Press Play, Music as a catalyst for change.
Nifemi is a traveller between California and Nigeria and – as he calls – a Youtube inspired bedroom producer. We talk about his journey from a chemical engineer to an advisor for companies that want to enter the African market.
We learn about the size and the diversity of Africa, the high energy of woman entrepreneurship and the many languages, dialects, and communication between people across the continent.
And we chat about the different pace in doing business and establishing relationships, and how the technique of sampling can bring new styles of music and nurtures the ability to collaborate with people from different places.
- Connect with Nifemi:
- Website kpakpakpa:
- His book Press Play:
The Power of Music Thinking is brought to you by CREATIVE COMPANION
or wherever you listen to your podcasts search for
The Power of Music Thinking
More Episodes of The Power of Music Thinking
- About the Power of Music Thinking Podcast
- A mindset for entrepreneurship, leadership and design with Michael Hendrix from IDEO and Panos Panay from Berklee College of Music
- Blockchain Philosophy and Collaborative Transformation for Change with Roy Scheerder from Faebric
- Blend sound science with sound art to make sound decisions with Steven Keller
- Innovation patterns and improvisation in organisations with Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Stark, teacher and researcher specialised in organisational and community psychology
- Deep Listening® with Sharon Stewart, creator of sound works, musician, poet, researcher, piano teacher and deep listener.
- Music and the Brain with Artur Jaschke, neuromusicologist and professor for music-based therapies and interventions
- Cross-pollination in leadership with Ilkka Mäkitalo, musician, teacher, CEO, Co-Founder of Howspace and Conductor of Jyvaskyla Big Band