Did you know that music can help you to rewire your brain? This episode is about the working of music on the brain and behaviour.
My guest today is Artur Jaschke – neuromusicologist and professor for music-based therapies and interventions at the ArtEZ University of the Arts in Enschede and he also works at the neonatal intensive care at a hospital in Groningen, the Netherlands.
We talk about how you can use music and sound for the advantage of healthcare, wellbeing and brain stimulation. We elaborate on themes like empathy and listening to unknown music or music that you might not like in the first place and the effect on your thinking and the basics of innovation and improvisation that can also be applied in a business setting. So, music and the brain is a great combination.
And we also speak about the joy and benefit of learning a musical instrument, like the Shakuhachi and the impact it has on the wellbeing and self-therapy of everyone in a stressed-out busy workplace.
Listen to music and the brain
- Connect with Artur:
- Music Therapy at ArtEZ
The Power of Music Thinking is brought to you by CREATIVE COMPANION
More Episodes of The Power of Music Thinking
- About the Power of Music Thinking Podcast
- A mindset for entrepreneurship, leadership and design with Michael Hendrix from IDEO and Panos Panay from Berklee College of Music
- Music as a Catalyst for Change with Nifemi Aluko, Founder and CEO of kpakpakpa and author of the book Press Play
- Blockchain Philosophy and Collaborative Transformation for Change with Roy Scheerder from Faebric
- Blend sound science with sound art to make sound decisions with Steven Keller
- Innovation patterns and improvisation in organisations with Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Stark, teacher and researcher specialised in organisational and community psychology
- Deep Listening® with Sharon Stewart, creator of sound works, musician, poet, researcher, piano teacher and deep listener.
- Cross-pollination in leadership with Ilkka Mäkitalo, musician, teacher, CEO, Co-Founder of Howspace and Conductor of Jyvaskyla Big Band